Thursday, September 23, 2010

Can't Wait for the Weekend

This weekend is one that I've looked forward to for at least a month!! This is the weekend that Iowa State plays UNI in football. I really don't care much about either team, but I have a great number of friends that attend UNI and plan on coming to Ames for the weekend. I hope I'm not over-estimating the number of friends that are coming, but I have a feeling that a few will back out. My roommate Mekell and I are putting in quite a bit of work to make sure my friends have a good time. We bought the tools to put together a game of polish horseshoes, and we're making all sorts of food to bring tailgating. My roommate Nathan is even letting us borrow his truck so we can have our very own tailgate. If everything goes as planned, it should be a very good weekend!!

As for the rest of my life, not much is going on. I was supposed to attend a career fair yesterday in search of an internship, but I couldn't get myself to go. I get extremely nervous just thinking about going!! I'm planning on applying to a bunch of different places very soon, and hopefully by next summer I'll have one all lined up.

My grandpa hasn't been feeling all that well lately. I think he's actually spent the past few days in the hospital :( I love my grandpa more than anything in the world, and I honestly don't know how I'd go on if something bad happened to him. He's the only grandparent I have left; I need him.

No comments: